Monday, November 24, 2014

Hiking!

Fuzzy Elle got to go for a hike in the jungle today.  Okinawa has a lot of different plants she's not used to in Escondido.  So tropical!
 She started out her day climbing on an elephant ear.  What could be better for an elephant than lounging on an elephant ear plant!

 She told me that she wanted to pose next to some pretty elephant ears.

 Fuzzy Elle had to work really hard to climb up this long grassy plant.  It's incredible how she's able to lay on these!
 She climbed up to this high branch before I had to tell her she was high enough.  I think she would have climbed all the way up to the top of the tree if I hadn't been there to stop her!

 She wanted to hide out on this branch.  I told her that I could barely see her.

 More climbing on elephant ears.  These are the biggest ones we could find.

Okinawa is an island made from a volcano.  All the rocks on the island are solid lava.  You can see the holes in this rock that were made from bubbles in the lava.  So cool!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Memories for a lifetime
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie says that looks like fun. I think Fuzzy Elle looks like a flower in the middle of those big leaves

    ReplyDelete